Friday, April 20, 2012 By: Chan

Fried Jawa Mee at Selara Sim, Bayan Lepas, Penang


It had been my favorite lunch during my position at Bayan Lepas. This is the first fried jawa noodle i had tasted and it is the best so far. Love the fried jawa noodle sold here cause it have the fried aroma of the noodle and the sour and sweet jawa sauce. 

It is one of the hawker stall at Selara Sim at Jalan Tengah. 

The kopitiam is peak of people during lunch time. So you might have trouble finding a table.

This is the common mee jawa, RM3.50 with extra prawn fritters. I not a fan of this type of Mee Jawa because of the alkali taste of the yellow noodle. Beside that the dish is so so only.

My fried jawa noodle, RM3.00. After fried the alkali taste reduce and it also produce a "wok aroma" which increase yummyness of the dish. I love to add sauce for my fried noodle even mee goreng. So fried jawa mee come with sauce so it definitely my bowl of noodle. 

It is definately worth a try. I highly recommended this dish. After lunch you can go for dessert as well. Soya bean along Jalan Tengah.



Jawa mee stall 
At Selara Sim Jalan Tengah, Bayan Lepas, Penang

Business Hours: 11.00am ~ 2.00pm Daily

GPS: 5.318665,100.28595





Disclaimer: This is a personal food blog. The opinions expressed here are my own, based on my personal taste buds; others may have different opinions. Also, as we all know, qualities & standards of individual restaurants/food may change over time, so do note the time stamp on this review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment